• 1 bag of Sourdough Bread Mix
• 2 cups room temperature water
1. Pour mix into medium bowl; add the yeast packet and water. Hand mix until fully blended. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rest 12–15 hours.
2. Turn dough onto floured counter and fold in half. Turn 90° and fold in half again; cover and let rest 15 minutes.
3. While dough rests, line a medium sized bowl with clean dish towel. Dust bowl generously with flour. Using a pastry scraper, form a tight round dough ball. Lift it with the pastry scraper, place the top of the ball in bottom of bowl, seam side up. Pinch seam together. Sprinkle with flour. Cover lightly with towel.
4. Allow dough to rise for approximately 40 minutes and then place Dutch Oven in the oven and preheat oven to 500° F.
5. Once the oven has reached 500° (approximately 35 minutes after dough has risen), touch top of loaf lightly. If imprint remains, it's time to bake. If the dough bounces back, it needs an additional 10 minutes.
6. Cut a parchment strip, 9'' by 18". Place parchment strip over loaf. Turn bowl out onto counter. Quickly score top of loaf with single edge blade to allow expansion in oven.
7. Using thick oven mitts, quickly remove Dutch oven to stove top. Uncover. Using parchment "sling", lower loaf into Dutch oven. With hot mitts, cover pot, return to oven.
8. Bake an additional 10 minutes at 500° F. Lower temperature to 450° F, bake 20 minutes. Carefully remove cover.
9. Bake an additional 20 minutes, to 210° F internal temperature. Remove from oven. Cool on wire rack at least one hour before cutting.
Baker's Note: The above cooking temperatures are based on a conventional oven, not convection. If convection, lower temperature by 25°F.